Cottonwood Creek Wildlife Area

KianZadeh

Apr 30, 2013
Hey guys, my first post here on the southern california hunting club. i have a few questions regarding the cottonwood creek wildlife area. so the thing is me and my dad (i'm only 13) come to California every summer (June - late August) and go on deer, pig hunts. i've never shot a deer or pig and neither has he. i wanted to know if the Cottonwood Creek Wildlife Area is worth a shot for pigs and deer. oh and by the way all help is appreciated. :)

Honestly the best thing to do is it go with a guide for pigs. Public land has very few hogs and to make the most out of your trip, it will be easier to just go with a guide. A place called Bryson Hesperia resort offers semi guided hunts where they point you in the area where hogs are on their property and you do the rest. I believe it's around $200 a day. Not a guarantee but seems to be much more productive then wondering around on public land.

KianZadeh said:
Hey guys, my first post here on the southern california hunting club. i have a few questions regarding the cottonwood creek wildlife area. so the thing is me and my dad (i'm only 13) come to California every summer (June - late August) and go on deer, pig hunts. i've never shot a deer or pig and neither has he. i wanted to know if the Cottonwood Creek Wildlife Area is worth a shot for pigs and deer. oh and by the way all help is appreciated. :)
Im 14 and have only hunted for a few years but the biggest suggestion i could give you on pigs is to go to tejon ranch or be guided on public land in socal the huntings hard for pigs i hunt 70+ days a year and have only seen one pig and it dissapeared a before i could get a shot off at it the name of game for deer hunting is scout hard hike a lot and buy quality binos also scince you sound really into pig hunting bring a rifle when scouting so if you see one you can shoot it

thank you very much for your tips......but i can't hunt on a private ranch as we can't afford a 200-500$ hunt for each of us. have any of you guys hunted upper cottonwood creek??

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu