Coues Whitetail are my favorite

Not hard.... it's called carding. All 4 of these deer are late season deer with thick fur. You cannot get that much detail out of them. Early season deer with short fur you can get crazy with... I don't like an unnatural look. I'd rather have it look alive without distractions. Ed F

I agree I like a little incorporated into it and in California most of our deer shot are early season so it would be useful I think. I wish I could take some lessons from you before I went to learn the basics but it sounds like your in Arizona.

IMG_2507-1.jpg One more.... made some improvements. Kellen gave me this cape when I did some euros for him. Thanks Kellen. A friend of mine shot this buck in 2010 and didn't have a cape. I don't buy capes and I don't charge for them when I mount a deer.... Kinda like paying it forward. Ed F

Reactions: Lungpopper
Cool buck I like the eyeguards, that’s cool you don’t charge for a cape. Most ever taxidermist does.

Reactions: BOWUNTR
I’m glad it got used.... I plan to bring you another Coues this fall and I won’t be giving parts away this time! Looks great Ed.

Reactions: BOWUNTR
Hundreds.... Think about it, do you know a taxidermist that isn't overworked and has less than a one year turnaround? Even the worst taxidermists with the worst reputations are still View attachment 34435 overworked. Sad but true. If you look hard you'll find the good ones and there are plenty...

Kellen... you should have mounted your Coues. Go shoot another one, I need more capes....

Here is a sneak peak of an Arizona mule deer I just mounted... mounting a bigger one right now... Ed F
Dear Lord that is a monster deer!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu