D-14 Deer season

Nicholas909

Suns out, Guns Out
Sep 1, 2014
Yucaipa
Well my deer season in D-14 is over any no luck this season. I passed on 1 forky on the opener, saw a total of 34 doe's 2 spike's and missed out on a 2x2 this morning. I hunted a total of 23 days in 5 different area's. I took my father out a few times this year, & this was his first year hunting deer in southern Ca. The first day I took him out we hiked a total of 11 miles, went up 2000 feet in elevation, & he spotted 2 does 550yrd out running across the adjacent ridge. A few days later took him out to another area I call the flat's. We hiked 2 miles in with no luck. On the way back to the truck, My father slipped on a lose rock, fell to the ground and cracked his head. So that day ended in the E.R. "yes i had a trauma kit in my bag". As for today, my father ended his first deer season with a ticket for having a round in the chamber of his rifle while in the truck. The warden was nice enough not to seize my rifle.

What a GREAT season. Always an adventure. Now it's time to focus on Bear

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu