D12 opening weekend

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

Well, I didn't score a buck this opening weekend.. but a few bucks did get taken out of my section.. including this crabby forky on sunday morning (pic attached). the other bucks a 3x3 and 4x4 I didn't see personally. while I was putting some miles on my boots there was plenty of quads and razors all over chasing deer left and right.. I saw a buck take 8 shots from different hunters while it ran down a wash and finally a quad chased it down when the buck was tired they took it out.. It didn't look like hunting out there, more like a lynching.. I did have a forky in my sights and was about to pull the trigger when I noticed a hunter behind the buck and if I was to miss they would of taken the hit, but they didn't hesitate to take the shot and miss.. I hit the floor fast and just heard the bullets whistle over me.. idiots! .. Sunday I was sitting over a ridge glassing a spot when these 2 guys came up about 500 yards away with 2 beer bottles in each hand and talking out loud (pic attached) .. after a few minutes a got up yelled out at them and move out of that area!! over all it was a good learning experience because it was the first time in that area and I did get to try out the binos and rifle scope on some "live" bucks and realized I need better binos .. good equipment is a big plus! till next weekend the story continues.. I also found my first shed.. that was kool..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    872.8 KB · Views: 38

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu