D14 help?

ktkheatsfan

Sep 25, 2013
Hi all I'm new to hunting and was wondering if anyone knows of roads in D14 that are car accessible? Thanks

Heat,
I don't know D14, but the way I found out which roads are car accessible in D16 was to get a topo map and go for a hike... A lot of hikes. Google earth and other sources of aerial photographs also help by giving you a bird's eye view. Get out there, drive till the road ends or you think you might get stuck, and then explore further on foot. Look for sign (I'm not talking about the yellow "deer crossing" sign, but the brown varieties: hoof prints and droppings). After you have done some exploring on your own, report back here what you have found. That may earn you some hints from those who know the area.
Don't forget to take plenty of water and some food, and take along a compass and basic first aid.
Have fun out there. For me, exploring San Diego's backcountry has been one of the great benefits of hunting here. Enjoy the journey!

I can't give you specifics because I don't really know the road numbers, but I've spent many years hiking/camping/hunting in the Big Bear and Silverwood areas and can tell you that many of the roads are suitable for cars. Just be aware that the easily accessible areas are typically VERY crowded, and it's tough to fill your tag in those areas.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu