D15 Hunting Partner

Moby Dick

Feb 2, 2020
South Orange County
Hi everyone. Been lurking for awhile trying to learn as much as I can. I am brand new to the game but have been shooting for a while now. I have tons of miles on the hiking trails in San Mateo and the surrounding CNF areas and have done a ton of scouting but I would love to see if there is any other D15 hunters out there. I live right near RMV and will be going out as much as possible when CNF opens....Would love to grind it out and be one of the few who bag a bucks in this zone.

I also have a D3-5 tag (have a few friends up there) and just came back from an unsuccessful trip from Granite Chief Wilderness but it was a learning experience...probably will sneak one more trip in before the season ends.

Cheers guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: HunterMcBuckKiller
I'll be your huckleberry. I am green as well. I have been out once this season, spotted a few does but no bucks. I am planning on one more outing soon before the end of the season. I am not afraid of hikes and brush. I am also interested in spending the next year canvasing the area for the right buck so come next season I will be ready. Shoot me a message if interested.

Hi everyone. Been lurking for awhile trying to learn as much as I can. I am brand new to the game but have been shooting for a while now. I have tons of miles on the hiking trails in San Mateo and the surrounding CNF areas and have done a ton of scouting but I would love to see if there is any other D15 hunters out there. I live right near RMV and will be going out as much as possible when CNF opens....Would love to grind it out and be one of the few who bag a bucks in this zone.

I also have a D3-5 tag (have a few friends up there) and just came back from an unsuccessful trip from Granite Chief Wilderness but it was a learning experience...probably will sneak one more trip in before the season ends.

Cheers guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You going out this year? Do you have another D15 tag?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu