D16 archery report

ppbets

Nov 12, 2012
Sunday was cold and foggy in the mid 50's, just cant see more than 5 yds , lost the trail when we going to our treestands , morning we saw 3 does 75 yds away. we take a rest at 11 for breakfast, and we back at 2 !!
At 4 I see a lot activity in my place, i have a fork at 74 yds for 40 min then he come on 69 for 10 min and he stop to eat in a branch at 54 yards he was there for 20 min , I was trying to make the shot but my treestand is in the top of mountain so wins was 20-30 miles and i have some branchs on the top, so with many variables I decide pass and have chance another day.

So I know when I shooting with the rifle how change mils in the scope, but how many feets you think arrow was moved with cross winds in the 20-30 miles ???

Only way to know is to practice in the wind. Sunday was really good. The low pressure cooled it down and had the deer feeling good. I had deer under me all day. and at one point I called in three toms and had them struttin under me for 10 min.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu