D9 Bear Hunting

Koi00

Jul 23, 2016
I am going bear hunting this year for about 5 days on the eastern part of D9 late September and early October. I have mainly been escouting since I didn't have a chance to scout the area and have found some spots that can potentially hold bears. I also contacted the local biologist to get some input for the area I will be going into and was told there is a good bear population in the area.
I was just wondering if anyone has hunted the area and if so what are your thoughts on the bear population?

I've hunted it a lot the past 5-6 years and have only seen one bear, small cinnamon fella. I'm glad to hear the biologist says that there is a healthy population, but I am a little surprised. I heard once that they dropped bears that were trapped in local communities off up there, but can't say for sure that is true.

Reactions: Koi00
I've hunted it a lot the past 5-6 years and have only seen one bear, small cinnamon fella. I'm glad to hear the biologist says that there is a healthy population, but I am a little surprised. I heard once that they dropped bears that were trapped in local communities off up there, but can't say for sure that is true.
I'll be hunting in wilderness, far from everyone so hopefully I have some luck on finding them.

Good luck, I don't know the area
But look for good food sources
And bear sign.

Attachments

• 20240906_090648.jpg
    20240906_090648.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Koi00
Bears are a lot like fish... find the food source they are on. I'd suspect acorns this time of year. Ed F

Reactions: JPHunt44

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu