Day two on the Bluefin -

Straight fire! I'm the same way I usually eat my fish with in 4 days or so I filet and put it in zip locks and keep in a bowl of ice in the the fridge and I gift the family a lot of the time it's just me and the wife now in the house . If it goes in the freezer it usually will get smoked 95% of the time before I will cook it for dinner after frozen it just never tastes the same to me.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Straight fire! I'm the same way I usually eat my fish with in 4 days or so I filet and put it in zip locks and keep in a bowl of ice in the the fridge and I gift the family a lot of the time it's just me and the wife now in the house . If it goes in the freezer it usually will get smoked 95% of the time before I will cook it for dinner after frozen it just never tastes the same to me.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep, I am with you @CAL'NDN. I won't freeze fish unless it is going to get smoked. I am more likely to give it away before I freeze it.

For tuna, I wrap the loin or fillet in paper towels then into a ziplock. It gets stored in the bottom of the fridge. I change the paper towel and baggie every day until the fish is consumed.

This stuff still looks gorgeous. There will be a day 3 for sure. Tomorrow we will have it seared. Maybe make a seared tuna salad or something yummy.

Reactions: CAL'NDN

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu