Deer vs Coyote - This is crazy!!

I have a really old Circle Call that is supposed to be a rabbit distress. It has a odd sound and on many ocasions while coyote calling I get groups of does that come charging with aggression, pull up and snort and stomp the ground. The first time it happened I was tripping it on the behavior. Those mama deer are protective of the little ones.

Great video.

Truly amazing video.

I guess I need to get out on down a few more coyotes in the off season to make sure the deer herds in our D16 area have a better chance of survival.

Of course, the existence of those "Big Kitties" in our area can't be helping the deer herds either. Darn Cats!

Boudroux said:
I have a really old Circle Call that is supposed to be a rabbit distress. It has a odd sound and on many ocasions while coyote calling I get groups of does that come charging with aggression, pull up and snort and stomp the ground. The first time it happened I was tripping it on the behavior. Those mama deer are protective of the little ones.

Great video.

I have one spot where I've called in more does than I have coyotes! One time, two does came in to 25 yards. What amazed me was the group of does coming in to protect another doe's fawn. That was cool.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu