Double Newb

King.JD79

Oct 17, 2013
Temecula, Ca
Just wanted to jump in here and introduce myself. I'm a born and raised Texas boy and grew up hunting deer with a rifle. I currently live out here in Socal cause I'm in the military. One thing I'm not used to is how ya'll hunt deer out here. Wow is it a lot harder than sitting in a tree stand 80 yards from a feeder. It seems like the more successful hunters here actually stalk. Also, I've decided that I wanted to make the experience more rewarding by picking up bow hunting.

I actually went on my first bow hunt this past weekend up at Black Mountain. Saw several does and got winded by a buck but that was it. So, I'm all ears if anyone wants to take me under their wing and throw advice my way. I look forward to placing my thumb print here and learning.

Welcome King! Thank you for your service sir! Good luck to you.

Welcome and thank you for your service as well, I am definitely not the one to give advice but there are plenty of people who have not gone out 9 times this season and not even got a shot off! You will find that there are many hunters here with tons of great suggestions on SCH, a great place to learn.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu