Drive-by Anti

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
ab196721437cb8739f3bfee34a32c740.jpg

Had a really bizarre incident yesterday with an Anti driving by as I was packing out of the field, wondering if something similar has happened to anyone else before. So a buddy and I were out chasing jacks in a popular public area but in a spot that few people hunt. We get back to my truck and a truck pulls up with a lady yelling at us "You can't hunt here, this is a state park! I'm calling the sheriff." I was like oh boy, here we go.
So we calmly explain to her the area, showing her several maps and pointing out where the fenceline and boundaries were. She keeps arguing but then changes her tune to "well jackrabbits are nice beautiful animals and here you guys are killing them." We didn't engage in that debate but just held our tune that this is a legal area and I've had wardens check us here before. Then it got really weird as she broke down and started crying, and was like "let's just go, I can't believe this." My buddy and I were like wtf just happened? Bizarre-o.
Other than that, it was a nice day getting out for something, even if it was just jackrabbits. I've been too busy recently and missed most of the deer season. Chili time!

Sounds like a good day in any event and sounds like you kept your cool. I've had people tell me I can't hunt in national Forrest, I've been miles from a road and had hikers tell me you can only hunt within a mile from the road. Ive even been hunting on families private land and had people drive on to the private land to tell me hunting private land is illegal. Ive had people claim they owned that same land. They are not happy when I pull out my ID with the same last name as the owners and then tell them they are the trespassers and take a photo of them and the license plates. It's all in how you as a hunter handle the inevitable. Just make sure you and your maps are correct.

Nice jacks by the way.

was she cute? i am asking for sdbirds

I think that I'm going to add "Hunting is Conservation" to the back of my next hunting 'business card'.
It would be very useful to hand out to ladies like that

Jason, way to keep your cool. She sounds like she caught a glass case of emotions.

Way to keep your cool. People are idiots if she had it her way you wouldn't be able to hunt anywhere or own a gun. People really have no idea about hunting laws boundaries etc. I have had experiences with DFG where I have had to show them that they were wrong. This is one of the reasons I love ONX Maps it has covered my butt a few times.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu