El Salvador Surf Fishing

KThor

Mar 11, 2019
Orange County
Hey all, looking for some advice. I’m headed down to El Salvador in March for a surf trip and my buddies and I would love to catch our meals if possible. I’m a complete newbie to shore fishing. Any gear advice? Legal knowledge? Maybe something I could toss is the surf case or what too look for locally?

As a side note, I’m hoping to convince a local to take me out to work overnight for him and catch fish like the locals.

Thanks!

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Hey all, looking for some advice. I’m headed down to El Salvador in March for a surf trip and my buddies and I would love to catch our meals if possible. I’m a complete newbie to shore fishing. Any gear advice? Legal knowledge? Maybe something I could toss is the surf case or what too look for locally?

As a side note, I’m hoping to convince a local to take me out to work overnight for him and catch fish like the locals.

Thanks!
The local fisherman are your best bet.
And standard surf rigs.
Wealth of information out there.
Google is your best bet too.
My advice have three sizes of rods and lines. Heavy, medium and light.
I do the same off shore.

Reactions: KThor
I travel a lot and what I bring is a collapsible pole with 8lb test. I bring one clear box with hook ups, spoons, lead heads with gulp mullets, and I bring a set up for gulp sand worms. I can catch fish anywhere in the world with this set up. It fits in a back pack and is easy to travel with.

Reactions: KThor

Thanks!
Some friends of friends went down there for a surf trip recently.. let me see what scoops I can dig. I don't think they fish but I hear the surf was good..

Hey Kohl hit me up before you leave, I have some Trapline custom surf rigs you can take. They fit in a small ziploc bag and will keep you fed from the surf, they out fish 90% of the surf fishermen here.

Usually when I travel and fish I buy a cheap rod on the other side and just leave it or give it to someone when my trip is over and just bring my reels and rigs back n forth.

Sounds like a fun trip.

• Love
Reactions: KThor and TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu