Fathers day weekend in the sierras

millbro

Oct 8, 2012
Lakeside
www.millbrothersinc.com
Went up to the eastern sierras with my dad and one his very close friends this past fathers day weekend. Had an absolute blast catching some trout and just hanging out with my dad.

We started out down in devils post pile at the San Juaqin river (im sure thats mis spelled) and caught some really nice hold over rainbows from last year. They were very eager to bite and it didn't really matter what you threw at them. We were using panther martins, Bouyants, and i even threw a couple small rapalas that produced. It was a great day down there with nice weather and good company.

The second day we headed out to rush creek to try our luck at a couple secret spots we've found through the years but with not much luck this time. We only caught a couple small browns and waded a heck of a long way for that amount of fish.

All in all, it was a great trip with friend and family. Mostly just hanging with my dad and spending some time with him. I will never get these moments back and try to make the most out of every trip with him. I can't wait to start bringing my own son on these outings and make new memories with him.
mammoth2014025.jpg
mammoth2014014.jpg
mammoth2014012.jpg
mammoth2014008.jpg

Looks like a great time. nice pictures. im glad to see others hang out with there dad as well.

Good job man... Hoping to get up there in the next few weeks... get some cottontail and trout dinners.

Was that the middle fork you were fishing? And did you have to park in Mammoth Ski Resort and take a shuttle to the post pile?

M_juttner said:
Was that the middle fork you were fishing? And did you have to park in Mammoth Ski Resort and take a shuttle to the post pile?
Yes, that is the middle fork out of pumice flats campground. We didn't take the shuttle in because the campgrounds don't open till this weekend so we were able to drive in. I think you can still drive in before 7am though after the shuttle starts running for the season

Nice thanks for the info, I did not like taking the shuttle last year!! Great catch by the way!!

Thanks. That was just a few of the fish. Most of the ones we caught down there were that size. I would say for the 2 days down there. The 3 of us caught and released about 25 rainbows and browns. All between 8"-16". Nice grade of fish. I think you can drive down in the middle of the week anytime and shuttle only on the weekend. Not sure though

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu