Feels like Christmas. Got my lights

Sdbirds

You can't kill it from your couch.
Jul 9, 2012
El Cajon
Josh and Jason are going to be pumped I can stop borrowing there's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Sweet man! Boondock Outlaws? I'm planning on getting the Sniper Hogs LR66 in a few weeks. Let me know how you like this one? What color light?

I got the 2 light kit bad ass. Comes with more mounts then I know what to do with. We use red I'll do a green once just to let u know. Don't just get a gun light u want a less bright light to scan with. My experience

how well do those work for calling at night ? also do you mind me asking how much they set you back for ?

Cool. I'll check those out. Let us know how you like em.

Can't wait to go try those out.

Jesse from what I've heard the Sniper Hog 66LR is a great light and Boondock Outdoors is a dealer for them.

Josh Pearson said:
Can't wait to go try those out.

Jesse from what I've heard the Sniper Hog 66LR is a great light and Boondock Outdoors is a dealer for them.

Oh ok sweet! That 66LR has some great stats and testimonials. Thanks Josh.

baboltin said:
how well do those work for calling at night ? also do you mind me asking how much they set you back for ?

250 for the kit I got. They work great

Can you have them mounted to your rifle while hunting or do they need to be hand held? Can't seem to find a clear law for SoCal.

Most of the south part of South Cal are in Zone 2.

(a) Lights of any size or voltage may be used to take furbearing or nongame mammals only in the areas described in subsections (b) and (c) below, and only under the following conditions. We're in zone 2 (subsection c)

When you get into the "remainder of the state" is where you start seeing more restrictions on volt size and it says must be handheld or worn.

Pretty sure it was Toua70 who emailed DFG and was told that this was a mistake in the posted regs. You CAN have a gun mounted light as long as it's less than 9V.

I'm hearing though that certain counties don't allow shooting at night regardless of DFG rules and regs. Still researching this but hearing Riverside Co is one of them. Seriously hope not! Anyone already know this?

Confirmed. Night hunting is illegal in Riverside County, CA. ORDINANCE NO. 514.10.

8SteelTown said:
Most of the south part of South Cal are in Zone 2.

(a) Lights of any size or voltage may be used to take furbearing or nongame mammals only in the areas described in subsections (b) and (c) below, and only under the following conditions. We're in zone 2 (subsection c)

When you get into the "remainder of the state" is where you start seeing more restrictions on volt size and it says must be handheld or worn.
I would look into this better before you take out a gun mounted light.
Pretty sure it was Toua70 who emailed DFG and was told that this was a mistake in the posted regs. You CAN have a gun mounted light as long as it's less than 9V.

I'm hearing though that certain counties don't allow shooting at night regardless of DFG rules and regs. Still researching this but hearing Riverside Co is one of them. Seriously hope not! Anyone already know this?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu