First Build

Now that's a nice writeup deer killer! That AR in the vid is intensely busy!

Needless to say please don't put all that crap on anything at once As an operator I never had 2/2 of that stuff. Must weigh a ton.

I didn't put a smiley after the link, so for those who don't know my humor, that link was intended to be a joke, and not a true endorsement ;D

I'm building an AR in 6.8 that is going to be setup for hunting right now. I have heard a lot of good thing from friends about it being a good hunting round. I don't have any personal experience on how the round shoots yet but I wanted more power then a 556 and still keeping it light while building off an ar15 platform. You'll always find people that want to steer you in a different direction but just do your research, talk to a lot of people, and make your own decision.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu