First desert dog

spot dropper

Oct 7, 2012
Got out this weekend for a 3 day hunt with SDCVC and had some luck with my new foxpro wild fire. John ordered it for me at Fine Firearms and first stand had a dog poke its head out of the brush and my pops fed it some #4 buck. It went crashing back into the brush and away it went so no confirm on that one. Later that day we sat without calling and just waited around for it to cool down for the evening and saw a beautiful bobcat cruising around. Had to fight my fingure off the trigger seeing as how they are not in season for another 3 days!!!!!! come on!!. Got this little girl this morning (sunday) running hell bent for the decoy and call when I smacked her a 80 yards. Awesome trip had a blast.

Attachments

• desert oct 2013.JPG
    desert oct 2013.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
Very cool!! What is SDCVC? Where is this (General vicinity... don't need coords :) )?

8SteelTown said:
Very cool!! What is SDCVC? Where is this (General vicinity... don't need coords :) )?

SDCVC = San Diego County Varmint Callers

General vicinity = Imperial Valley

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu