First Jackrabbit #2

8SteelTown

Okay. So I tried Jackrabbit for my first time. Maybe I just dressed up a pig, cuz otherwise Jackrabbit Fajitas should be on the menu at your local Chili's. Brined 2 days in saltwater and spice bath. Browned in a pan with bookoo butter. Boiled for 15 minutes with veggies in a chicken stock mix. Simmered another 45. Pulled it from the water. Every bit of meat was encased so I peeled what I could and launched the rest. Used the original browning pan and cooked up onion and bell pepper and mixed the chopped up meat in at the last 2 minutes. Homemade spicy ranch sauce, toasted tortillas, tomato and cilantro. www.bomb.com!
gujypaqe.jpgame7u6en.jpgy8yjaquz.jpg

SurfNHuntSD said:
Looks good! Nice job.

Thanks man. It was really good. I could see how people may be turned off by it if they didn't peel all the ish off the meat.

...but the taste was great. Took the brine in really well.

Yeah, I won't be going out of my way to make jack rabbit anything, but to try it for the first time and the flavor be ON POINT, I was pretty excited. Good to have a tried and true recipe in my back pocket for the next time my father in law comes down preaching about "I don't kill if I can't eat it".

Lungpopper said:
That would probably work on a coyote too,,,,,,, ::) ::),,,,,Just sayin.

;) I'd love to make him some carne asada burritos (out of dog!)

not going to lie looks awesome !! looks better than what I ate for dinner.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu