Fletching jig

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
Do any of you fletch your own arrows? I've been considering starting to fletch my own arrows and wondering if any of you can reccomend a jig they use. I'd like one that I can do helical vanes. It's pretty inexpensive at the shop but don't want to have to drive out there every time I Robinhood an arrow or want to change the colors.

Reactions: stikbrandon
Never bothered to try, but I’d probably just get the heat shrink vanes and be done with it. Quick and easy

Do any of you fletch your own arrows? I've been considering starting to fletch my own arrows and wondering if any of you can reccomend a jig they use. I'd like one that I can do helical vanes. It's pretty inexpensive at the shop but don't want to have to drive out there every time I Robinhood an arrow or want to change the colors.

I use a Bitzenburger now also have an EZ Fletch. The B is around $115 and the ez is $60. I like the bitzenburger a lot. I don’t know how often you fletch arrows but the Bow and Arrow shop does them pretty cheep. I just like to do my own. If you live in east county I’ll sell the EZ Fletch for $30

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I have two different ones just bought the Arizona ez fletch but haven’t tried it yet like the idea of doing all 3 fletch at a time. Tried the shrink fletch stuff and it was horrible

I use a Bitzenburger now also have an EZ Fletch. The B is around $115 and the ez is $60. I like the bitzenburger a lot. I don’t know how often you fletch arrows but the Bow and Arrow shop does them pretty cheep. I just like to do my own. If you live in east county I’ll sell the EZ Fletch for $30
That's where I get my arrows done and they do it for around $3 an arrow i believe but I live in Imperial Beach and if I drop them off I have to pick them up the next day..also just would like to learn how to do them myself. With the EZ fletch can you do 1 vane at a time or does it always have to be 3?

That's where I get my arrows done and they do it for around $3 an arrow i believe but I live in Imperial Beach and if I drop them off I have to pick them up the next day..also just would like to learn how to do them myself. With the EZ fletch can you do 1 vane at a time or does it always have to be 3?
I have never tried it with one fletch but there’s no reason you can’t just use good glue and clean every thing good with acetone. It’s sort of self satisfying to due it your self

I have an AAE Ez fletch and it works well for me. They’re not adjustable, so you need the choose what orientation you want , for instance right helical when you buy one.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu