For all you D16 guys...

SoCalRebelHunter

Sworn to hunt, Loyal to none
Jan 22, 2012
East El Cajon
What's your take?

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/showthread.php/235477-BREAKING!-Record-monster-4x8-D16-deer-taken-this-week-by-Josh-Kettl-in-Julian-was-confiscated-by-DFG-warden

Personally, if you're going to shoot a well known toad you better have crossed your t's and dot your i's. Just saying...

bunch of bs..... fish and game should chase pochers not a dude that was a few yards to close to a barn, dfg guy is just jelious

Living near by I have been talking with folks we know who live or have lived in the pine hills area, I have traveled the area and know the basic lay of the land. The area is shoulder to shoulder privately owned land. Any one who chooses to hunt there better have evidence of how they hunted. Many tree huggers and folks who don't want you around.

Snake Charmer said:
Living near by I have been talking with folks we know who live or have lived in the pine hills area, I have traveled the area and know the basic lay of the land. The area is shoulder to shoulder privately owned land. Any one who chooses to hunt there better have evidence of how they hunted. Many tree huggers and folks who don't want you around.

Good point of view from a local.

ill always be on the hunters side! especially if that dfg warden is a jealous bastard. id like to run into him sometime :mad: :mad:

For me there is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law.....if his story is true....he got hosed.

Exactly what Fred said, I have been given the opportunity to hunt a nearby property but it's so close to property owned by people who absolutely hate hunters I chose not to hunt there. Like I said before Josh is a good friend of mine and I truly believe he did not have bad intentions but when you hunt that community, it's best to be 110% sure of what's around you.

Matagi said:
Exactly what Fred said, I have been given the opportunity to hunt a nearby property but it's so close to property owned by people who absolutely hate hunters I chose not to hunt there. Like I said before Josh is a good friend of mine and I truly believe he did not have bad intentions but when you hunt that community, it's best to be 110% sure of what's around you.

+1. Especially if you're going to whack a buck that's going to get you all kinds of "extra" attention.

This game wardon needs to focus on being a decent human being and less on what his nifty little pocket book says. This kid should be on top of the world right now for harvesting such a monster. But instead he's being put down and harrased

We all hope this works out for Josh. From what I have read about him he seems like a good guy.

Take Em' said:
This game wardon needs to focus on being a decent human being and less on what his nifty little pocket book says. This kid should be on top of the world right now for harvesting such a monster. But instead he's being put down and harrased
Perfectly said he should be on the top of the world for harvesting a potentail pope and young buck not put down and harrased i hope the jury has a hunter or two on it to better understand the case or else hes not getting the deer back hopefully common sense prevails

Given that the defense has the funding to contest the charges the issue will come down to a physical measurement of the distances involved. The results of this will show how well the warden did his job. Forget all hoopla the emotion the facts will decide...

Seems like the game warden is just jealous and that is bs. He had the owners permission something the warden wished he had. From what I am hearing from my friends father in law he had asked for and was denied permission to hunt various places around Pine Valley and Julian including my friends father in laws place. The warden is just a piece of ####.

eldeerslayer said:
Seems like the game warden is just jealous and that is bs. He had the owners permission something the warden wished he had. From what I am hearing from my friends father in law he had asked for and was denied permission to hunt various places around Pine Valley and Julian including my friends father in laws place. The warden is just a piece of ####.

Get that info to Josh. His team will need the names of the people he asked.

BuckHunter said:
eldeerslayer said:

Get that info to Josh. His team will need the names of the people he asked.
You got to get that info to Josh Kettl ASAP that would probably tip the odds in his favor very significantly also the GW said pine hills was a residentail community and it is not safe to fire a gun near it doesnt seem like a residentail commonity to me ive driven past there hundreds of times the gw would have done the same thing and not got caught he is the law right sounds to me like he thinks scince he is a gw he would have not been charged for doing the same id imagine

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu