Fresh Elk Liver Pate'

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Hank is coming over in a few minutes to make his famous Elk Liver Pate'. Will post pictures and recipe when we are done tonight.

This stuff is off the chain good!

20130130_205511.jpg 20130130_212721.jpg 20130130_212729.jpg 20130130_215232.jpg OK - we just finished the Pate' and it is in the refrigerator firming up. It is an awesome recipe with Blue Cheese and to die for with crackers and beer!

Recipe:

1/4 stick of butter
1.5 cups of chopped white onion
1 pound of Elk, Deer, Pig or Goose liver
1 tablespoon of finely chopped thyme
2 tablespoons of brandy
4 ounces of blue cheese (crumbled)

Melt butter in skillet over medium heat and brown onions
Cut liver into 1" cubes and add to skillet with salt and pepper and thyme. Cook until liver is no longer pink in middle (do not over cook)
Remove from heat and add brandy. Fold thoroughly and let cool
Place contents into a good food processor and blend until smooth
Use a large mixing bowl and fold in blue cheese and kosher salt to taste
Use plastic wrap and mold Pate' into a log and wrap tightly
Take plastic wrapped Pate' log and roll in tin foil and refrigerate for 1 day
Invite your closest family and friends over for crackers Pate and good beer (New Castle)

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I will give you some Jose'. Just let me know when you are coming by or you can stop by the house.

NBK, wow you brought back memorys of when grandma would make that out of our oregon deer when we were kids look's good.I'm always looking in here to see what's new in kitchen keep it up man.
Congrats to all on that elk trip look's fun.

Thanks for the support MSE...glad you like the food section. We have a lot of great cooks and recipes.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu