From New Zealand to SCH

NZHunter

Oct 27, 2012
Hey Everyone just recently moved to Porter Ranch from NZ Love my hunting and fishing and would like to get into it here! Just dont really know where to start, i have never tried bow hunting but would love to give this a go is there any clubs you guys reccomend? Anyways a quick introduction, if anyone needs a hunting buddy flick me message would love to tag along thanks
Rich

Attachments

• IMG_4058 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_4058 (640x480).jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 56
Welcome to the website, great pic, I'm sure you will find a hunting partner on the forum!!

Papi
Webmaster

welcome! since the season is almost to an end, i will show around but not til spring turkey time lol! im tied up right now with my sons baseball team, that i dont really know when i can get out there, and any chance i get i go out and hunt. But its usually a last minute decision. PM me if u like, and we'll come up with a plan to go out there. good luck, ur gonna love this site 8)

Hi Rich! I just joined this site yesterday. That is an amazing picture!! I am in the process of getting my license. I too am going to start bowhunting soon with a longbow. I don't however have any hunting experience. I just ordered some maps of Cleveland National Forest yesterday. Are you anywhere near Orange or North San Diego county? Well its clear you have a great foundation! Good luck with everything!!

josec said:
but keep in mind, u aint gonna find big animals here like in NZ. lol! 8)

Hey josec thanks for the offer!! im pretty flexible mate here is my number flick me txt if your heading out. I PM'd you my #

Lungpopper said:
Welcome to the site NZ. To get started you will need to take a Hunter Safety Class. Then you can purchase a hunting license.

Thanks man shot him last roar/rut which is in march /april in NZ he just a little fella 3hrs old

Sorry last essage was ment to be for lungpopper ?? So where is the easiest place to do the hunter safety course/class is it a day thing? and hom much does it cost?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu