FS: Hoyt Helix Ultra 50-60# Right Hand Bow

YETI

May 14, 2019
San Diego
***SOLD***

I'm selling my 2019 Hoyt Helix Ultra because I am switching to left handed due to shoulder problems. I bought this bow on July 20, 2019 from Performance Archery. I used it for one archery season. I'm selling the complete bow since the accessories won't work on my new left hand bow (RX-4 Ultra). The bow is in excellent condition and was serviced at the end of archery season. It comes with a Black Gold Rush 5-pin sight, Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Pro rest (limb driven), Tight Spot 5 Arrow quiver, and Bee Stinger stabilizer. The bow is currently set at 50# draw weight and 30" draw length. You're welcome to shoot it as long as you have cash in hand. I will not accept any trades as I need cash to fund the purchase of my new bow. I'm located in San Diego (Clairemont) but will deliver within reason.

PRICE DROP: $850 or best offer

Finish: Realtree Edge
Speed: 334 FPS (ATA)
Axle-to-Axle: 34"
Brace Height: 6¾"
Weight: 4.6 lbs
Cam: ZT Pro #2
Draw Length: 27-30"
Draw Weight: 50-60#

Sight: Black Gold Rush 5 Pin (light not included)
Rest: Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Pro (limb driven)
Quiver: Tight Spot 5 arrow
Stabilizer: Bee Stinger

BHUzU3.jpg

nQDK65.jpg

dRIQn0.jpg

aMcLTt.jpg

3ARvMV.jpg

XLHPoq.jpg

zLrEoP.jpg

H6E6XD.jpg

q7NwHN.jpg

F7KELg.jpg
QsCqQr.jpg

Iep9dt.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the left side!...(oh no...such a statement can land one in hot waters nowadays.. :kissing: ).

Either way. I think you will find shooting a left-handed bow for a righty might not be super difficult. I demo a few right-handed bows being lefty before I purchased my bow. I thought I could make it work if I had to. But finding a good left-handed bow was not hard.

I do shoot a righty shotgun and is no issue.

Quick question, why the gap between the 40yrs pin the 50 on the sight?

Good luck with the sale.

Quick question, why the gap between the 40yrs pin the 50 on the sight?

Good luck with the sale.
Thanks! The transition has actually been pretty smooth. I got an entry level bow to shoot until my new Hoyt shows up and I'm already getting good groups.

The sight: I moved the entire sight up (down?) to move the 20 yard pin closer to the top of the sight. I was in the process of sighting the rest of the pins back in when my shoulder/arm gave out. I never got to the lower two pins. :laughing:

Reactions: ilovesprig
Wow, sorry about your shoulder man. I know what that feels like.

I'm still able to draw mine back, but dang it hurts when the shoulder is not warmed up yet. Feels like it's pulling out of the socket a lil bit. I'd broken my Collar Bone years back and the distal end of it was pushing down into the Bursa sac in the shoulder joint. So they eventually did a "Sub-Acrimonial Decompression" Arthro-scopic surgery. It helped a bit. Before the surgery when I'd do Military Press it would feel like I'm getting stabbed in the shoulder joint. Now it's not, but now that shoulder joint has a LOT of looseness to it, unfortunately.

What had happened to your shoulder man?

I swam and surfed all my life and wore it down. I had an AC release a couple of years ago. The bigger issue is that I had a lot of degenerative disc disease in my neck, likely due to my time in the Marines (infantry). Eventually it got so bad I suffered nerve damage into the right side of my body before I got it fixed. Although I'm right-handed, my left arm is much stronger than my right.

Hmmph. Interesting. Thanks for sharing that man.

If you don't mind... What kinda symptoms did ya start having when the discs/nerve-damage thing was starting to become an issue?

I just wanna compare and contrast the symptoms you report, against this other injury I have from a prior trauma, just to know if I should have some concern.

I had weakness, numbness and tingling into my right arm primarily for a few years. I knew it was serious when I finished surfing one day and realized I couldn't pick up my leg to take my wetsuit off. I had had a CT (or MRI) a couple of years earlier and had been told I needed surgery bu I elected to wait because I figured the docs just wanted to make a few bucks cutting into my neck. I wish I hadn't waited and had had the surgery before I sustained permanent injuries.

You must have talked to Mr. Fromme! I know he is righty but switched to the dark side after experiencing shoulder issues... Hope you have time though... I ordered my Hoyt back on Dec. 27th and my bow wont ship until late february. Being a lefty is a curse when it comes to guns, bows and golf clubs!

You must have talked to Mr. Fromme! I know he is righty but switched to the dark side after experiencing shoulder issues... Hope you have time though... I ordered my Hoyt back on Dec. 27th and my bow wont ship until late february. Being a lefty is a curse when it comes to guns, bows and golf clubs!
I did speak with Robert! :laughing: Iirc, I believe John Dudley also switched sides. My understanding, from Bob, is that the lefty bows should be shipping soon. I'm hoping my wait isn't as long as yours! Fortunately, I picked up a used Bowtech Fuel that I've been shooting to get the hang of this left-hand shooting stuff.

Thankfully, archery is the only thing I do lefty, so no worries for my rifles, golf clubs, etc.

Reactions: JonnyZ

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu