FS: Kenetrek Mountain Guide 400 Size 8 M

ladiver

May 11, 2014
Yorba Linda, CA
I have a brand new pair of Kenetrek Mountain Guide 400 boots in size 8. They fit me perfect and are very comfortable. Why am I getting rid of them? Because they are too warm! I really should have gotten non-insulated. That is what my next purchase will be. I have other insulated boots and they do not seem as warm as these ones.

I really want to love them, but I think for majority of my hikes and hunts, I will want the non-insulated. I am asking $500 shipped to lower 48, OBO. These are currently available on Amazon for $490+tax.

Thanks,

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0828.JPG
    IMG_0828.JPG
    364.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0832.JPG
    IMG_0832.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 25
Haha, I know I have small feet. The only nice thing is that most stores keep displays of 8-9, so if I want to try something on, most of the time I can grab the display model.

Who knows, maybe there is a father whose kid needs a new pair of boots, or a lady is in need of some new shoes. ???

ladiver said:
Haha, I know I have small feet. The only nice thing is that most stores keep displays of 8-9, so if I want to try something on, most of the time I can grab the display model.
That sounds way more convient than digging around for it in stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the retailer will take them back. I figured I would offer them up here for a week or so. If nobody wants/needs them, then they go back. I have had problems in the past with returns, so I would rather get rid of them here than deal with getting credit back on the purchase.

I really like these boots and am trying to convince myself that keeping a very nice pair of insulated boots is the way to go. My big problem is, I can't justify an additional $500 for non-insulated.

I'd send them back this is so cal gonna be tuff to sell down here with our temps

I agree, SoCal is not the place for insulated boots. I thought maybe there would be a SoCal hunter that actually left the region to hunt. I know a fair amount of guys that head to Montana and Wyoming for hunts, but they already have gear. Oh, and their feet are bigger than mine!

Ladiver,
What kind of socks do you wear? I use a wool liner sock in addition to wool outer sock, with no probs. I like the insulation for winter months, and it doesn't bother me in summer. So I haven't had a problem with my 400g insulated Kenetrek Mountain extremes. Love 'em.

I normally wear a REI Lightweight Merino Wool Hiking sock. That is my go to sock year round. If I need additional warmth, then I have heavier wool socks.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu