Fun day on the water

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
Went out on my buddies boat yesterday to look for yellows. We got out on the water around 9 and stayed out til 5 or so. It was super rough and we got soaking wet and I got seasick and at around 10 I puked but hey after you puke you feel 100 times better. We trolled off la jolla for a bit with one jig strike from a bonito but more or less dead out there. So we headed up near del mar where some sport boats and private boats where and got no bites until noon and then we got hooked up 6 times in the next hour on bonito and a skipjack then it went dead at 12:30 so at around 2 we headed back down to la jolla and trolled around for the rest of the day. No other bites but all in all a pretty fun day but with no yellows. PS don't mind my weird shirtless buddy in the picture lol
efbd0068091b03ed76d93fa696b04b40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy warm waters with the big fish being nearby most of the year. But when is the rain really going to start?

DanSanDiego said:
Crazy warm waters with the big fish being nearby most of the year. But when is the rain really going to start?

Got some rain last night. Plants are very happy. Should be a very green Fall/Winter season!

Capt.bones said:
Those are black skipjack. Pretty rare to catch up here. Awesome job.
Ya it was pretty cool we were surprised when we figured that out at the launch ramp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu