Glassing seat

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Alright looks like I am going to try carrying and extra 20oz this season. I picked up a super packable stool for glassing. Generally I carry a butt pad and find a rock or sit under a tree etc. I picked up this stool to hopefully make glassing for hours more enjoyable. At 20oz it isn’t going to kill me and hopefully it extends my glassing sessions and finds me more game. Let me know what you think.

GCI Outdoor PackSeat Portable Tripod Camping and Sports Stool

5E37329B-6DC8-45B5-8059-A7F9DDE3B34E.jpeg00192A31-C553-4A7F-B32D-78CF41275382.jpegCDDDB41B-F8E8-4C01-BADF-4F153DB2053F.jpeg9719E1F9-055D-4926-911F-8DBE98D0A4F3.jpeg

Maybe try watching tv from it for awhile to see if it's worth it. I have a similar one that I tried to use dove hunting once and I think the ground with a pad had it beat. The one I have is a cheap POS though, your results may vary.

Same advice as mud pigeon.
I have a similar seat. Used in a blind.
My rear end got sore in short while.
I Should have purchased a seat that swivels.
However each rear end will vary :)
LB

Reactions: msailor
I use one that’s similar and it works great take the pad with you for extra cushion. The tripod set up was perfect last weekend I could glass for hours. My hunting partner had a seat that was more like a turkey chair low to the ground that did not work as well.
13fbdf4e8f0927f71b8b84cd71f36ccd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TRICER
Looks like a good idea, I might try that myself. A few places I like to glass from I'm a bit low sitting on the ground so that'd help. Wonder if it'll also work in the duck blind?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The spot I will be hunting opening day for deer has brush so you can’t sit on the ground with this stool I will be able to glass over the brush from any location on the ridge without having to stand up.

Reactions: msailor
The spot I will be hunting opening day for deer has brush so you can’t sit on the ground with this stool I will be able to glass over the brush from any location on the ridge without having to stand up.
Yeah the brush is my issue too.. grown quite a bit over the past couple years. The chair would help me with a better view.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cool little seat. Do what you gotta do to see game IMO. For me I use the Klymit V Seat. It’s inflatable so only downside is you have to make a little noise blowing it up but not too bad. It can roll up and fit in my pocket. I got mine on camofire.com for like 6$.
67C063D6-CF72-4E69-946E-CE90B9EC5DA6.png

Those feet are going to SUCK in the field. It's bad enough when it has the right kind of feet on the Tripod stool legs that make the footprint of the feet a lil wider. But that one... with just those end caps... where I go that'd sink in something terrible! Maybe that's why they opted to put that triangular piece of nylon at the bottom? to help keep it from sinking maybe?

I recently acquired two other seating options. Both much heavier than my Tripod stool. But the Cabelas Blackout Turkey Lounger chair.... man.. that thing is NICE to sit in! Good back support. And it's very low to the ground to, which I like for where and how I'm hunting. I have a HUGE hunting pack so if it isn't an overnighter, I can afford to just stuff it into my pack for the hike-in.

Unfortunately, I can't sit directly on the ground very long at all. Not even with a pad. Due to previous Traumas on DirtBikes, and the fact that I have a desk job which exacerbates those problems too.

Definitely get a Klymit Kush cushion to go with the Tripod stool. AFter many hours of sitting on that stool, you'll need the addition of the inflatable pad to help alleviate the pain from where the stiching of the seams in your clothing has been mercilessly grinding into your flesh for hours on the sit. Being able to shove that inflatable pad in there sometimes for some extra cushion can be a God Send.

I'm bothering to say this because in the terrain type I goto for deer, I literally will sit there for at least 1/2 the day, and usually the whole day. Trying my best not to move the entire day because I'm on the ground and could potentially be seen by incoming critters if they caught me moving. I'm in heavy concealment gear, but movement is movement and will give you away. I almost rely more on hearing to alert me to them approaching most of the time because it's close to impossible to walk thru their without making sound, due to walking on the "Potato Chips" (aka the dried Oak Leaves)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu