Good day at the range

G

Goyaałé

After I did some research I realized my arrow wasn't square with my string, and not in line with the bow.. adjusted everything. The previous day. Minor adjustments at the range. Shooting 4in groups at 40yds now as opposed to 5in & 6in groups. Ripped flecthings and split this arrow at 30 yards. After a little tweak here and there. I ended with 2in groups at 30 yards.. Definitely need new arrows now.

20180324_173516.jpg Screenshot_20180325-092729.png Screenshot_20180325-092727.png

Anybody know what that material is that gets so little penetration compared to straw?
Some one told me that Costco has square interlocking foam mats for $8. I think they are 36"x36" you get 8 of them i believe.

it a good idea to start practicing the 3 d shoots, practice shoot at different 3d simulated animals at different distances, down hill and up hill. loads of fun. they have it at balboa park once a month..
https://sandiegoarchers.com/keyevents/calendar
I plan on entering one next month. I haven't gotten a range finder yet. I have to get arrows, drop away rest, and possibly some new broadheads. I have muzzy broadheads now. Thinking about QAD exodus broadheads forbthe coming season.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
after splitting a few arrows, I stopped shooting at the same target twice in a row. I would make 3 targets and put an arrow in each one.

Reactions: Goyaałé
Nice shooting! I always said archery was kind of like golf... It's very quiet and somewhat meditative and you're trying to get this little object to go in just the right direction at the right speed and trajectory. Except that with golf you're generally not trying to kill something! And like golf (which I gave up years ago because I just couldn't wrap my head around chasing a little ball all over the place) some day's you're on, and some days not so much. Keep up the good shooting!

Reactions: Goyaałé
Nice shooting! I always said archery was kind of like golf... It's very quiet and somewhat meditative and you're trying to get this little object to go in just the right direction at the right speed and trajectory. Except that with golf you're generally not trying to kill something! And like golf (which I gave up years ago because I just couldn't wrap my head around chasing a little ball all over the place) some day's you're on, and some days not so much. Keep up the good shooting!
I find it to be very stress relieving..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu