Green Supply Out of Business

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Not sure how many of you are on the hunting/fishing retail side but just found out Green Supply is out of the distribution business. Had been using them for 12 years as my supplier.

30k sku’s and millions of dollars in inventory, POOF! See how many brands I will have left after the dust settles.

I always thought they supported a larger outdoor retail chain like a Dicks or Big5. Will be interesting to see if a large retail chain gets out of the outdoors business also in the coming months, probably after the x-mass parade of shoppers.

I have been in the outdoor sporting goods wholesale industry for decades and don't remember ever hearing of them or seeing them at a trade show. I can't imagine them having a brand that you can't get from another supplier unless they had owned brands.

Yea I should be able to get the brands, just going to be all spread out now with multiple Companies starting new accounts with different reps, ordering guidelines, minimum buys and the list goes on. PITA

They were low key, thats what makes me think their main business was supporting a chain retailer. They were integrated into my back end system and could see their inventory levels, and fluctuations daily, from firearms to fishing hooks. Could be wrong, would not be the first time, but was always in the back of mind for years dealing with them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu