image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
It was a up and down rifle year for me. I seen a couple really big boys this year and hunted them good. Just didn't happen. I actually passed on this guy opening morning and was kind of wondering If I had made a mistake. After yesterday I told myself I'm taking the next one I see. He was still chasing the same group of does he was on opening morning. Took him at a little over 400yds with my old faithful 30.06.

Nice deer Cali. May not be the one you wanted, but this late in the season that has to feel pretty good. Plus it sure puts the pressure on the guys in the contest (cough,cough Johny)

I love it ! We have a real contest here. You are a few inches in the lead and with 3 rainy days left you may take it.

Congrats on the buck !

Awesome buck! That would be your above average D16 buck so no shame in taking that buck.

Thanks fellas. Don't get me wrong I am stoked with him. Just really thought it would happen on one of the other big boys I had been after. I hunted my ass off!!!! Something to look forward to next year. Time for the A-22 tag to get filled. The family and I usually camp the whole week of Thanks giving up at Lake Hemet. This year the wife chose Laguna Mt in a cabin. Tuesday through Sunday. So it's on!!!!!!!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu