Happy New Year! A year in review

Sdhunt17

Dec 25, 2017
San Marcos
Well with the 31 of December past i can proudly say i ate both my A22 and Bear tags. not at all ashamed in fact im already thinking of next year and how i can take a shot at either species. from getting my bow in June to purchasing my license and tags July to buying gear left and right for the opener, i can say i had a building year. most trips were more learning and scouting but did happen to take a few rabbits and miss a few quail. if you were to look at my OnX you can see i did a fair share of scouting.
lessons learned this year...gear, woodsmanship, patients and power of observation. all these i will carry with me to the next season.

what does 2019 have in store for me? well i picked up a bobcat tag to have a reason to be out. will try my hand at some predator hunting as well as try to take a jackrabbit via bow. looking to get some cams up so further my scouting and see if i can take a spring turkey and start an inventory of next year.

thank you for making 2018 something to remember and thank you for all the tips and support.

Looking forward to using the stuff I learned in 2019 as well. I did not fill my A22 but to be honest I did put forth much effort as family work and other things came up as you all have to deal with. Good luck on the bobcat I might try some predator hunts as there a ton of yotes. Thanks as well for your help and to everyone. Always nice to have a place were I can ask questions and get real answers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu