HD video cameras

motorhead

Jul 2, 2013
Ramona, CA
Hi all' wanted to get some info from those who have these cameras, (1) what brand and model (2) likes and dislikes. I want to get some footage of my adventures out there, I have been looking at the GoPro and the Contour and there is another made by JVC. What do you guys got ?

GoPro's are cool but only for close range and the audio isn't the greatest, they are better if you plan on adding music to your video editing. When we video hunts we mostly use my Cannon HF200 HD video camera I bought at Costco a few years ago. We usually have a dedicated camera man or camera man/caller when videoing coyote hunting.

I have a gopro and really like it. It is only ideal for very close range though, so I end up using it more for fishing than anything. I'm looking forward to using it for bird hunting this season and see if it works out decently (but I think that may still be too far)

They're nice that you can wear them very easily and water/drop proof.

Well I have decided to go with the Contour Roam 2. That is the camera that I see on bikes all around cruising the mountain roads. I got my new camera yesterday for my birthday (a little early) and have been shopping for accessories and such, they have a headband/hat mount that I think is going to be the hot ticket, especially when bow hunting that way the footage can be filmed relatively smooth and I can record and film where I'm looking and not have to leave my bow or gun pointed at the target to get all the footage. These cameras are very lightweight, very very easy to use which is perfect for me(LOL) the graphics are pretty good too...see if I can get some coyote kill footage posted up soon.

I saw this and thought it looked cool but I agree that if its mounted to you then you should be able to get a better perspective after the shot.
http://combo.websitewelcome.com/~s4gear/pages/products/jackknife-bow.php
Hurry up and kill something then post a video so we all can see how the Contour performs. I have some GoPro video of a doe I shot last year but never edited it cause it was hard to see.
What's the story on the deer in your avatar?

shot that guy 2yrs ago less than an hour from my house. He was with another buck feeding side by side, top of "No tellum creek" my favorite spot. It was foggy as he!!, managed to sneek up on them to withen about 12yds with NOTHING TO HIDE BEHIND! He stopped and looked at me three times by the time I got that close. He was the bigger of the two, when I got as close as I dare I let the 150 grn Snuffer fly out of my 55# Super Kodiak complete pass thru. spent the next 45min looking for him in the fog, finally found him tipped over right in the trail. He went about 80yds. He was DELICIOUS!!!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu