Heading out

badyellowdog

Apr 19, 2015
Going out this weekend on a private boat with 2 other people we don't have our passports so we will be staying in U.S. waters. I'm looking to see if anyone has any general areas to look for some YFT, yellowtail, or some Dorado. I'm not looking for your lucky spot just a direction to point the boat.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

D16 hunter thanks for the PM as well great info, I will keep you guys updated on how we do!

Good luck out their and be sure to get bait. I don't know how many times I've gone out with only the iron and trolling jigs and seen them bite for people with bait but not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely, we're stopping at the barge on the way out. Thanks again

Lots of life out right now. Anywhere from 5 miles off the point, up and down the nine mile bank all the way out to the 182 and even out to the corner.

Attachments

• 20150801_082049.jpg
    20150801_082049.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 20150801_104002.jpg
    20150801_104002.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 20150801_083100.jpg
    20150801_083100.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 73
Dano thanks for the info, and if our day is anything like yours was, we should be in for a pretty epic day

It was a good day! One on paddy the Dorado were eating chunked sardines. So if you have any dead loss, save em, cut em up, and throw them on a hook to save your live bait.

dano whats you set up for chunk bait, hook n weight or just hook and let bait sink? I'm also headed out Saturday for an all day trip. good luck to OP also

It was just a live bait set-up. 1/0 hook. But instead of using the live just threw the chunk bait on it.

Well guys yesterday didn't go as well as I hoped. We launched at 5 a.m. grabbed bait and realized just outside the barge thatthe electronics on the boat were not working, so no gps no fish finder, nothing. Then after trolling for a bit the other three in the boat were a little more interested in chasing dolphins and whales than fishing. We arrived in LA Jolla, stopped at 2 patties for a total of literally 30 seconds total before they motored on. Barely enough time to soak bait. And then called a day at about 10:45 just as the cloud cover was starting to break. All in all spent maybe 45 min. actually fishing so it was a long boat ride to say the least. Thanks for the info guys I wished we could have used it lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu