Hello my likeminded fellows and fellowettes

Jay_In_SouthBay

Dec 30, 2012
Hello all. I am new to the site and just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Jay. I live in the Southbay area of LA county. I haven't been hunting in a while, but am saving money so that when I can get back out again I can introduce my girlfriend to the sport. I was introduced to various kinds of hunting at an early age through my father and uncle and immediately fell in love. I am also an avid fisherman with a 15.4 ounce bass (released) as my best claim to fame so far. I worked in a local hunting/ fishing store for 3 years but am now a full time student at Le Cordon Bleu working to become a chef. I am open to inquiries for anything relating to either fishing or cooking if you are looking to improve in either area, I just ask that you are willing to give me the same respect if I ask of the same with hunting. I am even willing to give up special techniques in the fishing area (ie. spots, colors, tide info, and species specific info...) if you are willing to do the same.
I am unmarried but am in a very serious relationship with my GF, but out of respect for her, I wont post much about her unless she gives the ok lol.

Anyhow, I will leave this post as is, but please feel free to contact me for more info.
Thanks for reading.. Jay

Wow..great into Jay. Thanks for sharing. I also noticed a post in the classifieds. Good luck!! We have started a cooking show on the site - would be great to have you over to film a new episode!

;) :) ;)

welcome aboard Jay. Bass, is that your only type of fishing or do you bait chuck, fly? Wouldn't be for another 9 months but maybe a cast and blast come Sept.? And pretty sure you'll enjoy the food section.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!! I hope you all had a safe and happy New Year. I do all sorts of fishing, but mostly throwing jigs and lures. I have yet to step into the realm of fly fishing but it is certainly on my list of things to blow my money on once my finances fall back into line. I do both fresh and saltwater fishing and would say that I release about 90% of what I catch.
As for the cooking videos, I must say that I am actually intrigued at the idea since I have been planning on making some vids for youtube just to showcase some recipes I am working on. Feel free to pm me here and we can chat a little so I can gain a better understanding of just what exactly you are looking for.
Well, for now, I must be off, but thank you all once again for the warm reception and I hope to get to know you all better in the near future. Take care. Jay

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu