Hey guys/gals. New to Cali.

USN88

Nov 3, 2012
A little about me. I'm from the MD/VA/DC area, also lived in Atlanta for a few years. I transferred to San Diego about a year ago. I'm ready to get into the California hunting scene. I come from a hunting family, been serious about it for about 6 years. Almost exclusively whitetail. Back home we have a club with 12 of us on about 400 acres that we lease from a logging company. I hunt with a 12 gauge slug, 7mm mag, 30-30, and bow. I need to school myself with the regs and areas in socal. Just thought I'd say hey!

Welcome to the website USN88. And more important, thank you for serving your country! It sounds like fundamentally and equipment wise, you have all of the tools to be successful in California. Below is the DFG website.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/

Currently Rifle deer is open (D16), quail season has started, waterfowl season is open and next Saturday dove and pheasant season start. Use this website to your advantage, you will find plenty of hunting information as well as good people here on the site.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu