How Old Is This A31 Buck?

Dhunter

Nov 26, 2012
Well since the forum is kind of slow ;D
Would you guys care to venture a guess on how old this buck is? Looks like a young buck to me but what the hell do i know :p

Attachments

• DSC00024.JPG
    DSC00024.JPG
    972.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00028(1).JPG
    DSC00028(1).JPG
    971.3 KB · Views: 19
His face looks young but you can't always tell from looks. He is not very scarred up, for an old guy. And he looks lite and thin. Im gonna say 3. Because his antlers are too well developed for a 2 year old, and he is not beat up enough for a 4 year old. it looks like he has a big lump on his right shoulder. Do you know anything about him? Do you have any history on him?

Yep after another look im going with 2.5 or 3. he may be a well balanced 3x3 in 2 more years. Hopefully you have him on private land so you can give him a chance to be all he can.

I seen him a couple of times last year during bow season and unfortunately he always gave me the slip.
I hunt in public land so hopefully he's still around when the season starts up.

Yeah he looks around 3 years old. 2 year olds don't usually have such developed antlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toua70 said:
I'm thinking about 2 years old. Heres a link that might help you out: http://extension.missouri.edu/p/g9485
Great link. Thanks Toua70.

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu