How to find hunting areas.

CritJoe

Jul 7, 2012
Even though I joined last year I didn't actually make it to the Southern California area in time to get tags for hunting season. So I still haven't went hunting out here yet.

Anyway I'm from Alabama and most of the hunting I've done back home was on a friend or family member's land. So I guess my question is how do you guys go about finding new places to hunt around here? (Not asking for your secret hunting place just trying to find my own) I'm prob gonna do a bit of hunting on base here at Pendleton. But I'd like not to be limited to just on base.

So where should I start looking? Thanks in advance.

Get a cleveland national forest map mark promising places drive to a spot and hike around all the advice bout huntin in socal

lol. well its NOT. i apologize if it sounded like it, but according to all the stories i hear about hunting on base, its WAY better than hunting public land 8)

JoseC. said:
lol. well its NOT. i apologize if it sounded like it, but according to all the stories i hear about hunting on base, its WAY better than hunting public land 8)

Is right on this one. But you can get BLM maps and there is a company out there called GPS Hunting maps that go in your GPS and they will show you who owns the land.

But maps maps and more maps then hit the trails! Also a shooting map is nice that way you know if it is shotgun only area or not! I know San Bernardino Co. has a shooting map. I have not seen a Riverside Co shooting map yet. That's what I can tell you about hunting up this way!

or I know of a great guide that would take you out lol

SoCalGuidedHunts said:

So your a guide here. Do u have alot of private land Access. Wondering because if its public how aren't former clients at your spots if its public u do I'm looking for a guide

:) yes I do have private land. also waiting to see if I am getting some more land to hunt on ( if they take my bid ) But wish I had more private land to hunt on but its $$$$$$

I have private land in Ontario Ca, Barstow Ca, Land in AZ and also land in NE. If everything goes right I will have guided goose hunts in Ontario CA this year.

Sdbirds said:
SoCalGuidedHunts said:

So your a guide here. Do u have alot of private land Access. Wondering because if its public how aren't former clients at your spots if its public u do I'm looking for a guide
Sounds like you wanna find good deer hunting spots

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu