Hunt plans.....

breacher

Sep 4, 2012
Alpine, CA
Curious what you guys are planning for next year. Anyone planning out of state hunts? Backpack hunts? Horse hunts? Road hunts? ;) Guided/ unguided DIY. For what? Applying for tags? Points only?

I'm always planning and looking at all possible oppurtunities for the following year. First of all, I'm poor so everything is DIY and more than likely what I can carry on my back.

I'll be apllying for sheep in CA and points for elk, also in CA. If I don't get drawn for sheep which is more than likely with only 4 points, looking at another backpack hunt for deer/ bear. Somewhere in Northern California. Got a couple places I'm looking at right now. Arizona OTC deer and Colorado OTC elk are options as well.

For now, I'm wrapping up the A-22 season. Hopefully I'll be able to get out ONE more time......

Hummm!!! Is this the wish list or going to:

Going to:
1) Spring - Turkey hunting with my Boy (hopefully get a couple this year)
2) Try - Yote Hunting would like to get one hung on my bed post - Done by myself
3) Dove (1st season) - Hopefully - been hard with Kids sports - Football and stuff...
4) Points for X9A - Got my deer this year so I have to wait 3 years. Was going to go up and spend a couple days with my friend but they are going Moose hunting so they are not doing X9A. I would have tried Bear.
5) D16 - San Diego Deer never got one
6) A22 - If I buy my Bow this spring
7) Pheasant, Dove, Quail, Turkey - Fall

WISH - Maybe - possible - if I save my $$$$$ -
1) Archery Deer Illinois - have a friend of a friend of a friend - Just kidding a friend who has property..
2) Missouri - St Louis - I feel has one of the best Non-Res license available - 2 deer and 2 turkeys.. $ 225.00

Usually dont get to do this list...

SoCalCowboy

Heading to NM in Jan to fill the freezer with elk ;D(hope I didn't just jinks ??? myself)
D16
A22
Hope to hit Oklahoma for Antelope and Prairie dogs.

Hopefully head to Michigan for whitetails. Will be applying for elk points only in MI. Hunting as much as I can here in southern California. I would like to try and go to Vandenberg AFB this coming year too.

1.Spring turkey in SoCal, Illinois, and ND.
2.Friend just moved onto a big piece of property in northern zona so Elk and Deer there if I get lucky enough for a tag
3.Pig hunt pig hunt and pig hunt
4.Back again to Southern Illinois for deer

All this depends on wether I get hired at a new place or not.

Need to get through this season first...heading to New Mexico for elk in a little over 4 weeks.

Is it too early to call my shot?

Next year I'm going to win both the archery and rifle big buck contests

Nobody's putting in for G13? I filled mine this year first week of rifle. Was super limited on hunt time due to work but managed to get some meat for the freezer. I don't think I can draw it again this year but I'll try anyways.

Our slated 2013 work load is massive, so time off will be in short supply. Glad to have it, but love my mountain time too.

Plans for the remainder of 12/13 and 13/14

#1 Priority, get my 12 year old to a place I can trust him with a deadly weapon. He completed his hunter safety but I honestly would not hunt with him yet (sad I know, but as a parent we have to be honest with ourselves or we create a bad situation for all)
2. Turkey Tune up in Feb.
3. Turkey in the spring, hopefully central coast with my brother
a. tack on a pig with that
4. Make sure to put in for my A22 tag instead of my AO.
5. Scout the heck out of the summer in D14 to chase the bucks I balked at in Sept.
6. Blythe for the dove opener, hopefully my boy will have a gun this year.
7. Annual backpack/Fly Fishing trip to Kern in October
8. Fall Turkey in SD
9. Find a water fowling mentor

I doing AZ in Jan for over the counter deer. I plan to put in for all off the normal draws CA sheep,elk, and antelope. This fall is my 10 year anniversary so we plan to spend a week in Maui which will screw up any early season plans so I have to look into what late seasons hunts I can apply for. I usually go to CO after elk every other year but will have to postpone that hunt for a year. I plan to squeak in a couple of pig hunts this year to take the itch off of my finger.

Sdbirds said:
I'm going to kill the buck I missed
Better hunt the area hard or some body who goes out there often will kill him you know who i mean also try and get some trail cam pics of em im sure we all want to see the buck dont show any pics until you or some one you knows got him though

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu