Hunter Ed survey

They have classes up in Los Angeles, that is the farthest they come down. That is what I heard.
I've been to the Compton Hunt club, probably the nicest spot in Compton.

They have classes up in Los Angeles, that is the farthest they come down. That is what I heard.
I bet that would change if people down here expressed their interest.

I clicked the new "Upcoming Events" link and there's a virtual webinar on the Waterfowl Reservation System. Seems complicated, might be good stuff -- sign me up!

Reactions: DirtHunter

They do a waterfowl 101 course every year at San J in October and they usually also put on a land navigation course once a year by Anza. But you're right, pretty much everything for SoCal is done at Compton Hunt Club.

The webinar was pretty good, they took questions from attendees and also private message you if you have more detailed questions. Basically they went over how the refuges will operate under COVID, and opportunities to secure a blind even if you didn't draw. You can show up at a refuge the night before for a chance to win via lottery, or you can wait in line on the day and maybe secure a spot if somebody leaves early, giving you the chance at an afternoon shoot. You can't drive from refuge to refuge to enter multiple lotteries, but that sounds like a Northern California problem. Wednesday gives you the best chance to draw since fewer people tend to apply. I was surprised most of the attendees had 15+ years hunting experience based on the polls they conducted. They said they'll hold future webinars so looking forward to see what topics they come up with

Reactions: DoubleTrouble

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu