Hunting info

breacher

Sep 4, 2012
Alpine, CA
I've noticed quite a few newbies looking for tips on how to hunt certain game, areas to hunt or just a little guidance. Here is a great book I highly recommend for someone trying to figure it out. I just finished reading (for the second time) Backcountry Bowhunting by Cameron Hanes. Not a bow hunter? Doesn't matter. The tips and tactics you can learn from the book can be applied to any and all game regardless of choice of weapon and how you go about it. Hanes romanticizes some of his hunts but he won't let it fool you either. You scout in the preseason, do your homework and hunt hard, you will be rewarded with the fruits of your labor. Do yourself a favor and get a copy of the book, I learned a lot from it and I'm sure some of you can as well.

Attachments

• backcountry bowhunting.jpg
    backcountry bowhunting.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 77

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu