Hunting Journal

Ajsnack

Jun 5, 2012
San Diego
Anyone keep a hunting journal? I like to write down the temp, the wind, try and remember the moon phase every time I go out and of course if I saw anything. hopefully in a few years I can go and read and remember some of the past hunts I may have forgotten :D

Anyone else keep a log of there hunting trips?

Not really, but I keep a log of rut activity I see year to year and dates and moon. I need to start to add the temp. I just like the facts. My brother on the other hand keeps a log with hunting stories so he can share them with his kids when they get older.

Years back Snake Charmer and I kept a Goose hunting log. It was cool looking back on some of the hunts.

BuckHunter said:
Not really, but I keep a log of rut activity I see year to year and dates and moon. I need to start to add the temp. I just like the facts. My brother on the other hand keeps a log with hunting stories so he can share them with his kids when they get older.

I used to but realized it wasn't helping me harvest or see any more animals, it was just more notes on paper. Now the story idea Buckhunter mentioned is really cool. My have to start doing that for the more memorable hunts....

Fred and I did it for the sole reason of entertainment. Fun to look back on hunts and relive some of the moments both good and bad.

Wasn't it in your hunting trailer? I will check my trailer on the next trip to Arizona... :eek:

im going to start a journal... that seems like a great idea.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu