Hunting Videos?

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
So I have a friend who is a professional videographer. The guy is amazing. I was talking to him lately and kicking around the idea that he should offer his services to hunters and fisherman. What are your thoughts on this. What would you pay and what would turn you off about it? Obviously he would have to be careful to not record anything that would give away a spot but I think it would be a cool concept. Especially on a lot of the guided hunts.
Example I am taking to customers up to GSGS in May and I am thinking of having him tag along and film the trip. Not just the kills but make a professional hunting video starting out with the 5 hour drive, sitting around the fire etc. (This is just a thought still haven't talked to Neil so might not happen) On a guided or paid hunt especially if it is with a group of guys I think it would be a cool concept to get a video filmed to remember the trip. Or if you are on a deep sea trip with your buddies in August how awesome would a great video be if everyone was slaying tuna.
Another thing I was thinking is if someone is gonna fork over a bunch of cash for some of these expensive private elk, deer, or bear hunts I am sure for a little more money they would like a professional video of their trip. Or if you wait 15-20 to draw a unit 9 elk recording that trip would be cool in my opinion. I guess one of the biggest issues is if you are on a 5 day hunt how much are people willing to spend to have the hole thing professionally documented.

My thoughts would that rather than go on the hunt he could provide a number of recording devices, requested shots (directions on how to set up the shots), and then professionally edit the results. Going on even a 1 day hunt would be very expensive in terms of person-hours. Providing the tools, guidance, and editing could be done for under $300.

DanSanDiego said:
My thoughts would that rather than go on the hunt he could provide a number of recording devices, requested shots (directions on how to set up the shots), and then professionally edit the results. Going on even a 1 day hunt would be very expensive in terms of person-hours. Providing the tools, guidance, and editing could be done for under $300.

That's an awesome idea.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu