I hated for this day to come..

Huntndogs

Hunt with an ugly dog
Apr 19, 2011
Inland
I had to put down my 12 year old GWP Rona today due to an illness caused by a tumor. Rona was a great hunting buddy who loved the water and birds. She earned a Prize II in the NAVHDA Utility test and even won a ribbon in Dock Dogs. Perfect dog, no, but she was to me....She will be missed!

Fetch it up girl!

Here is a photo tribute to her...

Attachments

• Rona3.jpg
    Rona3.jpg
    670.7 KB · Views: 11
  • WaltersGoose 021.jpg
    WaltersGoose 021.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    409.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF0050.JPG
    DSCF0050.JPG
    393.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Squaw lake 031.jpg
    Squaw lake 031.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 6
my heart goes out to you bro...

Sorry for the loss Bro. Being a dog lover myself, this brings tears to my eyes. All my dogs are family pets and I never had a hunting dog. But I have watched a few buddies say goodbye to there bird dogs and I understand the bond between a man and his bird dog. Awesome photos her you put up, she looks proud.

I am so sorry Mike. My heart is heavy. I have seen her in relentless pursuit of game and was with her when she received her Prize II NAVHDA Utility. Rona was an amazing dog with drive, talent and personality. She will be missed and she will always be in our hearts. Good Girl Rona!

Hang in there Bro. :( :( :(

Losing a member of the family is never easy but turning to the ones who care the most to get you through a tough time like this is always best. Sorry for your loss, you will hunt together again some day. :'(

Great pics of your pup. Doesn't look like you could of asked for a better hunting buddy. :)

Sorry for your loss bud... a great dog is irreplacable.

Aww, so very sorry to hear that. I know she was something special and my heart goes out to you.

The pics are beautiful! She looks very proud of all her ducks.

Take care and hang in there. :(

Makes me remember when I had to put my Lab down. Very hard........... Sorry for your loss.

A couple more great pictures in memory of our wonderful Rona. May she be waiting for Mike in the Mother of all waterfowl marshes!

Attachments

• SuperRona.png
    SuperRona.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
  • SuperRona2.png
    SuperRona2.png
    2 MB · Views: 55
Looks like a great dog that had a great run, sorry for your loss, cherish the memories.

"I believe it is the inalienable right of every boy to have a dog for his very own, and if he is to hunt with one later in life the early lessons he learns will be invaluable to him."

Burton L. Spiller, Grouse hunter and author

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu