Idaho Deer 2023

WisterJunkie

Oct 12, 2014
Went online Dec 1 to try and get an archery Elk Tag in ID. I finally got in line and was #12,807, after only 9 hours of waiting in line, the elk tags I wanted were gone, but some less desirable deer tags were still there, so I swooped one up. Hopefully I'll be able to rent some horses and get after it. Burned my points in CO and UT this year, so at least I have one tag for 2023 so fat. If I don't draw anything else, I'll do OTC bull in CO and hopefully draw the cow tag for same season this year. Good luck to all trying to draw tags in upcoming months.

Ha! I was #12,846 if I recall correctly. That was SO painful!!!! I pulled my Panhandle Elk A tag for Archery. There were 650 tags available in total and 250 left when it was my turn. I thot for sure I'd get skunked on the elk tag.

The Whitetail tag in Idaho isn't such a bad deal either, if you can hunt in area with some bucks, especially during the rut, (weeks 2 & 3 of Nov for the Panhandle). The Panhandle is tough hunting elk where we hunt, its just so thick. Glassing is a waste of time for the most part.

What part of the state are you hunting ?

Unit 66
Ha! I was #12,846 if I recall correctly. That was SO painful!!!! I pulled my Panhandle Elk A tag for Archery. There were 650 tags available in total and 250 left when it was my turn. I thot for sure I'd get skunked on the elk tag.

The Whitetail tag in Idaho isn't such a bad deal either, if you can hunt in area with some bucks, especially during the rut, (weeks 2 & 3 of Nov for the Panhandle). The Panhandle is tough hunting elk where we hunt, its just so thick. Glassing is a waste of time for the most part.

What part of the state are you hunting ?
Unit 66

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu