Independence Elk help

Shake N Bake

Nov 4, 2012
Wondering if anyone could give up some info on the Cali Independence Elk Hunt. My buddy drew a rifle cow tag and is heading up blind. I'm just trying to give him a chance since these Cali tags are few and far between. Any info would be appreciated. I could return the favor with some info on a few western states in return! Thanks, Shake N Bake

Mix of public and private land, best I know to say at this late moment is make contact with the F&G in the area (have a map in your hand) and they are usually good about telling you whats up.

My understanding is that DFG monitor's the elk herds and are pretty good about getting the information you need to score an animal. The California elk herds are very closely managed and the tag numbers that are distributed have a high harvest success rate which DFG expects and calculates for healthy herd populations.

Snake Charmer is right, contact DFG!

My brother's neighbor went on that hunt. DFG told him right where to go in the morning and the afternoon. He got one.
DFG up there are cool.

Its to bad that I didn't know about this forum last year as I was drawn for this same hunt independence cow period 4

yes I was shot a cow first day, took a little while to find the heard but once I found them the hardest part was getting close enough to them as they were very spooky and there were 50-60 in the heard so all those eye balls watching us.

this is the only one i have on my computer .

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    469.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    469.6 KB · Views: 36

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu