Inshore Fishing around SD

CaptZachSparrow

Jan 28, 2015
Hey y'all! I finally got my California licenses so now I'm all set to wet a line. I fished a lot back home in florida on the backwaters of the ICW (redfish, trout, flounder) and a little offshore for cobia, tripletail and whatnot but im not real sure where to go around here (only been out here since November). I hear stories about pollution and runoff in SD/Mession Bays but I dont know if all that's true or whatever. Just looking for a few tips on where to go, what fish are around at this time of year particulary inshore? Anyone have any good local bait shops? Any advice would be much appreciated. If anyone is trying to run a trip offshore soon I would be more than down to split gas! Thanks guys!

Welcome......Day at the docks is this weekend that's about the best place to ask and learn what's up out here

http://www.sportfishing.org/DAD00/dad2015.html

Zach,

Do you mean bay fishing or costal?

San Diego bay is LOADED with fish, do you have a small boat?

Squidco is a great shop, go there with any questions and they'll hook it up.

I mostly yak spearfish off LJ but have been meaning to get a setup to do some h&l when the visibility is bad. There's some nice fish out there.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu