Interested in predator calling

Fox pro from what I've seen. There are good mouth calls for much cheaper.

All depends on what you want to spend and much patience you have. Mouth calls will cost you anywhere from $10-50 and they work, but it takes some practice and trial and error. They work really well in the hands of those that know what they're doing. E-callers are more user friendly, but you will pay for that friendliness. Anywhere between $100-600 for a decent one. I spent $200 on my FoxPro WildFire and it paid for itself literally the first trip out by calling a coyote for my buddy.

Hope that helps. Try visiting AllPredatorCalls.com. They have almost every mouth call and e-call there is known to man and you can sort through the stuff by price if need be. Lots of resources there too. Good luck,

Get a good cottontail and jackrabbit call. I personally use the Circe cottontail and the Pure DC-1 jackrabbit. Both have excellent sounds. Start with the cottontail at a low volume and work louder as time progresses. If nothing happens, switch to the jackrabbit and, again, go from a low volume to a high volume over ten minutes or so. If you move on to an e-call, Foxpro is probably the best. You should always have the mouth calls with you though. If your e-call goes south for some reason, you always have a backup.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu