IQ bowsite

skeet

Feb 27, 2011
Looking for a new bowsite anyone have experience with these? Thanks

I have one on my bow. It helps me from torquing the bow. I like it.
I am not an archer and my opinions are not worth much on the subject.

Sorry no experience with an IQ. I just got a TruGlo 5 pin with cant level, .019" pins and built in light for illuminating the pins in lowlight conditions. Best $39 bucks I've spent.Resized-600-Sight-Storm-1.jpg

I've been shooting the IQ... love them. The retina lock doesn't lie. Built solid. I shoot the 3 pin with the bottom pin being a slider. Ed F

Reactions: skeet
I went with Ed F’s suggestion and got the same. Iq Pro Hunter 3 pin. By the second day when I set my 50 and 60 pins I shot a 3” group at 60.
I only have a pin out to 70 currently, but I have a little room I could move my sight up and squeeze out a little more range to hit 80.
Took the kids to the range yesterday and shot my 70 pin first. I threw 7 arrows down range with a 10mph cross wind and held around a 6 inch group.
I’m no pro, but I think this sight took me to a new level.
Had some bucks saved up on my Cabela’s card so essentially I got it for nothing.
Looking forward to putting a mammal down one day and throw a proper Shaka up to Ed F.

Sighting in my 20 pin I hit one of my other arrows. I shoot GT kinetic pierce platinum, so they are micro diameter and the pins for knocks are small targets. It split the pin, broke the brass collar and split the end of the arrow.
Pretty good sight IMHO. Pic for attention. Group is at 60.

Attachments

• 990DDF3E-D68E-4875-9A3F-C8387732A247.jpeg
    990DDF3E-D68E-4875-9A3F-C8387732A247.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 9B13D89E-8AB3-42D6-B289-9132AC1B84AD.jpeg
    9B13D89E-8AB3-42D6-B289-9132AC1B84AD.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 16
I have been using the 7 pin for years. I would absolutely buy another one but I would go with a 5 or 3 pin. 7 is just too many. Although on the bright side I do have pins at 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 65 & 70. The retina lock is excellent. It has saved 2 deer for me. Under stress, it really tells you when you are torquing the bow or not.

bought the 7 pin and your right should have got the 5 so far so good

I have a black gold with 7 pins and I am not bothered by them. I only shoot Three Arris at the time and if two are too close I choose a different aiming point for the third so as not to brake my arrows.
IMG_20200711_100602.jpg
Those were my only first and third shot at 80 us. The second shot landed 20" lower than the aiming point ... I mistakenly shot at the 90 yds target.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
My problem with the 7 is I don’t like my top pin so high in the sight housing so by the time I adjust them to where I like them I don’t have room for them all

Reactions: Dawnandusk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu