Just drew Utah

S

stikbrandon

hey guys I ’m in need of some help, just drew Utah Yellowstone south slop with my friend in a party draw, never hunted this unit matter a fact never even been there, gonna scout it a couple times prior to the opener but to be honest I was hoping we would have drawn Zion based on distance.

That being said yellowstone south is far and I will probly only be able to scout 1-2 times. Any of you guys hunt this unit before or have any advice? I’m gonna call the biologist with out a doubt and go up blind and get after it.

I’m hoping one of you guys have hunted this unit and give me a heads up to what i just signed up for hahaha.

Any info would be great !

Thanks guys

I have never hunted it but I drew as well the Zion unit which I am excited for. Atleast your going with a party and won’t be by yourself I’m going solo for the first time out of state on this hunt .

Reactions: stikbrandon
Brandon if I had the tag I would get on ONX and look up past burns using the burn layer. Try and hunt areas that have burned in the last 2-4 years and there should be deer. Put a ton of time in on ONX circle stuff drop pins and make a few different game plans based on that E scouting. Then when you get there you will at least have an idea of where you want to hunt and you won’t just be driving around. I like to make at least 4 different area plans E scouting that way I always have back ups when I am there. Driving around is a killer on hunts like this.
Also I find if you take a screenshot of your ONX all marked up and send it to the biologist in an email they are way more likely to give you good info. Everyone calls them and asks where to hunt it’s like this site lol. But they tend to give more time and info to the guys who put in a little work first.
I never have time to scout out if state but the strategy above has served me well and I will be using it a few more times this year for AZ and CA D7 deer.

Brandon if I had the tag I would get on ONX and look up past burns using the burn layer. Try and hunt areas that have burned in the last 2-4 years and there should be deer. Put a ton of time in on ONX circle stuff drop pins and make a few different game plans based on that E scouting. Then when you get there you will at least have an idea of where you want to hunt and you won’t just be driving around. I like to make at least 4 different area plans E scouting that way I always have back ups when I am there. Driving around is a killer on hunts like this.
Also I find if you take a screenshot of your ONX all marked up and send it to the biologist in an email they are way more likely to give you good info. Everyone calls them and asks where to hunt it’s like this site lol. But they tend to give more time and info to the guys who put in a little work first.
I never have time to scout out if state but the strategy above has served me well and I will be using it a few more times this year for AZ and CA D7 deer.

Right on bro I will do that ! Thanks for the info !

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu