Just got station in California Need to HUNT....

Mdcountry1988

Aug 27, 2014
Good Afternoon everyone,

My name is Walter Miller. I just got station out here. I live up in Ramona. Trying to find a place to hunt. I'm from Maryland so I'm really big into waterfowl. I'm also really big into bow hunting. Any kind information will help. Thank you all for your help.

welcome to the site brother and thank you for your service, and to this place i call "kill a dream fornia" we dont have too much water fowl but it is here id love to get into it myself this year but its kinda confusing in my opinion. lots and lots of really great guys on here can help you wade though it all and get you out im sure. I dont bow hunt but if you are ever looking for a partner like i said i dont know much about the water fowl but id love to learn let me know im always game.

Walter,

Welcome to the form. There is a ton of info here on not just hunting but fishing and events as well. I am a bow hunter but have only hunted military bases in the area that allow it. Send me a PM if you want more information.

Matt

Welcome to SCH Walter...and thanks for being a warrior. Spend some time reading and asking questions. The hunting here is better than most give credit for.

So what do I have to do to find a place to hunt. And is there any SOCAL Ducks Unlimted dinner down here. Or is there bow shoots. The biggest thing Im trying to do is make some friends out here. Also is there any place where I can get some wild game meats out here. Is there a range thats cheap to sight in my 30/06.

You are military so you have a great resource the sportsmans club on camp pendleton. They have a monthly meeting soon and I suggest you go http://www.sportsmansclub.net/calendar/
The base has deer, ducks, quail, and other things. They can also get you familiarized with how calif works

i got one more question how hard is it to get a hunting licence? i cant remember what i did with my safety licence. But i have my old one from virgina last year. will they take that?

Hunter Education Requirements
Accepted Proof of Hunter Education

an annual California hunting license issued in any prior year
a two-day nonresident California hunting license issued after the 1999/2000 license year
a California certificate of hunter education completion or equivalency with a unique number imprinted on it ex: (AA00000) or a California hunter education certificate with no unique number imprinted and a California hunter education validation stamp affixed
a certificate of successful completion of a California-approved hunter education course from any state or province: or
a current hunting license or hunting license issued in either of the two previous years from any state, province, European country, or South Africa.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu