Kimber 84L Montana

Emichie

Jul 29, 2012
Ventura CA
So my brother is on day one of 10 for his new kimber 84L Montana in 30-06. Pretty sweet feeling rifle. If it shoots anywhere near how their pistols do I'm sure it will Be amazing.

Now if you had just bought this rifle, what glass would you put on top? He's leaning towards Leupold VX 3.5x10 or a 4.5x14.

Will be used mostly for deer, and pig, for now anyway.

You guys down in SD are so lucky to have a shop like fine firearms. Up here in Ventura area we don't have anything close. We just got a turners which has some good inventory, and decent prices but not the kind of knowledge, and experience that you want when looking for help on expensive purchases.

If it were me, I would put a Leupold VXI 3-9x40 LR or the VXIII 3.5-10x40. SK bases and rings would set off the whole package.

Just saying...

I'm with nbk on this one vx3 put a newer one on a old gun and put a older one on a friends gun. Hard to beat over all.

Went with the VX3, kimber bases, Leupold rings.

All bore sighted and ready for the range.

He went with the silver scope, and rings. With stainless bases. I thought it would be too much silver but it looks great.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu